Description: This series of educational webinars is designed to aid physicians, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, students, and other health care professionals, to provide better patient care by knowing how to find relevant FDA regulatory information that will improve drug safety. This webinar will provide an overview of the Office of Health and Constituent Affairs (OHCA), identify opportunities to collaborate and advance FDA public health messages, and promote public involvement with FDA. This webinar will also describe the FDA MedWatch program, demonstrate how to report adverse events to MedWatch, and how to obtain safety information.
- Explain how to utilize FDA’s drug information, medication safety resources, and regulatory guidance, to improve delivery of patient care and optimize outcomes.
- Describe and inform health care providers of recent labeling changes which would impact prescribing and medication management to optimize patient care.
Session Learning Objectives: After completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
Describe the FDA Office of Health and Constituent Affairs (OHCA).
- List ways to collaborate and be involved in FDA processes.
- Identify adverse events and product problems that should be reported to FDA.
- Demonstrate how to submit a report to the FDA MedWatch Program.
Target Audience: This activity is intended for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, other health care professionals, and students.
FUTURE WEBINAR DATES:
April 10,2018- FDA Drug Topics: An Introduction to Drug Safety Surveillance and the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System.
To learn more about future dates and registration, please visit: www.fda.gov/DDIWebinars.